On Base and Beyond – Rugged Tablets Facilitate Military Mobility
Rugged tablets opened up an entire new range of possibilities for military implementation thanks in no small part to their increased mobility and ease of use. As a vehicle for the gathering, storage, transport, and relay of critical data, the rugged tablet is invaluable for information sensitive vertical such as the military.
The use of tablet technology has grown rapidly, as the advent of custom application software, innovative hardware accessories, and rugged durability come together to reimagine what portability looks like. The tablet is now ranked as one of the most favored devices for mobile workers in and out of service.
- Take it from sunlight to shadow. The rugged tablet features a sunlight readable screen that is glare resistant and allows for ready viewing in full sun or twilight conditions. The screen can be operated by touch with a fingertip or stylus, or operated with a detachable keyboard.
- Take it from desk to vehicle to the ground. The rugged tablet is portable, allowing it to work easily on the desk with a big monitor and keyboard and mouse, or to grab on the run to hop on a truck or visit a loading dock. Its rough, tough, and durable.
- Take it in and out of range. The tablet works perfectly on wifi on base, and can operate in a closed system with other tablets in the field. Data can be shared in real time and communications improve dramatically.
- Take it for granted. Rugged tablets are becoming an expected and needed device that provides support in the office and on the field, and the dependability of those built to military standards is impressive.
- Take it to the next level. A rugged tablet can be so much more than a simple computing device it can serve to fill the functions of multiple devices, including cameras, GPS, bar code scanners, smart card readers, and more.
- Take it from base to base. With layers of security and authentication, the rugged tablet can be transferred from hand to hand and location to location with minimal fuss and lots of flexibility
Rugged tablets are arguably the best device available to the military for on and offsite use. They provide a truly mobile experience, and allow for data to be seamlessly available across the board to key personnel, leading to more effectiveness and productivity, and less human error.